Be a part of a short-term team experiencing and serving in
a different culture from your own
Mission Exposure | Short-Term Mission Opportunities
SMI mobilizes 2-3 short-term teams a year. The teams participate in various activities based on the need of our ministry partners. Some of the teams have worked at orphanages, helped lead and teach conferences, constructed buildings, remodeled facilities, taught English, participated in outreaches and many other projects.
The goals of short-term trips are to:
SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE our international partners
SHARE THE GOSPEL by meeting practical needs and through evangelistic-based meetings and events
BUILD on the relationships and foundation laid by previous team members
PROVIDE believers and churches in the U.S. an opportunity for exposure to foreign missions
Short-Term Trip Information
Come with us and put hands and feet to your faith.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a short-term trip is contingent on numerous factors such as season of travel, airfare prices, number of days on the trip, dollar exchange rates, accommodations and other factors. SMI makes every effort to keep the cost as low as possible.
Trip costs include:
- Round-trip airfare from Cleveland, Ohio (team members originating from other locations, contact SMI)
- All ground transportation during trip
- Program supplies
- Document fees
Additional Personal Costs:
Other related costs paid by team members include:
- Personal purchases and souvenirs
- Food en route
Contact the SMI office for trip dates for 2018.
REGISTER NOW! Teams are limited to a maximum of 12 people.
NOTE: Applicants must be 18-years old unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minimum participant age is 10-years old and require a parent or guardian.
What is the next thing I should do?
- Let us know you would like to go and pay your $200 trip deposit
- Fill out an application
- First-time team members have your pastor fill out a reference form
- First-time team members have two friends/mentors/study leaders fill out a reference form
- First-time team member interview with SMI staff member
- Make sure you have a valid, signed US passport
- Send or email the SMI office a picture of yourself to use in our Prayer Guide
- Attend 2-3 scheduled team planning and preparation meetings
- Raise funds (if you choose to do so) and pay remaining trip balance
- Let’s go!