Be a part of a short-term team experiencing and serving in
a different culture from your own
Mission Exposure | Short-Term Mission Opportunities
SMI mobilizes 2-3 short-term teams a year. The teams participate in various activities based on the need of our ministry partners. Some of the teams have worked at orphanages, helped lead and teach conferences, constructed buildings, remodeled facilities, taught English, participated in outreaches and many other projects.
The goals of short-term trips are to:
SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE our international partners
SHARE THE GOSPEL by meeting practical needs and through evangelistic-based meetings and events
BUILD on the relationships and foundation laid by previous team members
PROVIDE believers and churches in the U.S. an opportunity for exposure to foreign missions
Short-Term Trip Information
Come with us and put hands and feet to your faith.
Dates for short-term trips in 2020 will be coming soon!
How much does it cost?
The cost of a short-term trip is contingent on numerous factors such as season of travel, airfare prices, number of days on the trip, dollar exchange rates, accommodations and other factors. SMI makes every effort to keep the cost as low as possible.
Trip costs include:
- Round-trip airfare from Cleveland, Ohio (team members originating from other locations, contact SMI)
- All ground transportation during trip
- Meals in Country
- Program supplies
- Document fees
- Travel Insurance
Additional Personal Costs:
Other related costs paid by team members include:
- Valid and Signed Passport (Must be valid at least 6-months beyond US departure date)
- Personal purchases and souvenirs
- Food en route
- Flight Seating Upgrades
Contact the SMI office for trip details.
REGISTER NOW! Teams are limited to a maximum of 12 people.
NOTE: Travelers under the age of 13-years are not eligible to participate. Anyone ages 13-17-years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Who Should Go?
Summit Missions is looking for mature, growing believers who have had a personal salvation experience and are interested in sharing the good news of Christ with others.
Team Member Qualifications Include the Following:
- A regular attender/member of a local church
- Able to provide a recommendation from their pastor/elder (first-time team members only)
- A minimum age of 18-years-old to travel alone
(Note: Travelers under the age of 13-years are not eligible to participate. Anyone ages 13-17-years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
- Prepared to share their personal testimony
- Willing to assist with all scheduled programs (with children, teens and adults)
- Interested in personal interaction with nationals
- Able to attend three preparatory meetings (TBA)
What is the next thing I should do?
- Let us know you would like to go and pay your $200 trip deposit
- Fill out an application
- First-time team members have your pastor fill out a reference form
- First-time team members have two friends/mentors/study leaders fill out a reference form
- First-time team member interview with SMI staff member
- Make sure you have a valid, signed US passport (Must be valid 6-months beyond US departure date)
- Send or email the SMI office a picture of yourself to use in our Prayer Guide
- Attend 2-3 scheduled team planning and preparation meetings
- Raise funds (if you choose to do so) and pay remaining trip balance
- Let’s go!
If you have traveled with us in the past,
you may register to participate on a trip by contacting
the SMI office at 330-896-9300.
(An application is not required for returning trip team members)