Our mission is to glorify God as international ambassadors of hope and help. We serve and support His church; mobilize people and resources to help the vulnerable; inspire hope through compassion ministries that proclaim God’s love for every person. We use all means that all people may know Christ.
- The Bible: The Bible is God’s word, the final authority in all things, our code of conduct; relevant in all of life.
- The Power Of Prayer: Prayer is foundational and is woven into the fabric of all our plans, reflecting our dependence upon God.
- Human Dignity: Each person should be seen through God’s eyes. We must declare their value, restore and maintain their dignity.
- A Passion For People: We share God’s passion for people and strive to see them restored to a right relationship with God and others.
- Servant Leadership, the Biblical Example. We serve as co-laborers for the Gospel, empowered by the Holy Spirit and authorized to be God’s representatives around the world.
- The Body of Christ includes all who have put their personal faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is unique, diverse and can become unified by treating others and their churches with respect and equality.
- Partnerships are central to our mission. We actively seek partnerships with churches, missions and other organizations that are in agreement with our vision.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally and fully inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and are the supreme and final authority in all matters (2 Timothy 3:16; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; three-in-one, co-equal, which is the Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and His ascension (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 14, 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-7; Hebrews 1:3).
- Salvation is a divine and sovereign work of God and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man (Romans 8:11; Ephesians 2:5).
- Salvation is on the basis of God’s grace and is received through faith. There is nothing man can do to earn or deserve salvation; it is a free gift (Romans 3:22, 11:6; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:13; Titus 3:5).
- In the existence of Satan, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and women and that he and all who do not receive Christ as their Savior will eternally perish (2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 6:12-13; 1 Peter 5:8).
- In God, the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells and empowers the believer and that believers are to be filled with the Spirit (John 14:26, 16:7-11; Galatians 5:22-26; Ephesians 5:18).
- That all born-again believers from all nations comprise the kingdom of God, a spiritual kingdom in the heart of these believers. Obedience to the Great Commission is the means of building the kingdom of God (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 1:8).
- In the “blessed hope,” the personal and advancing return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ at which time He will establish His literal, visible kingdom on earth, ruling all nations (1 Corinthians 1:7; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:12).
- The Church universal is called the body of Christ, instituted by Christ at Pentecost. The church is responsible for preaching the Gospel, making disciples and planting local, New Testament churches. The church has two ordinances for believers; baptism and communion. (Matthew 16:18; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 9:22, 12:12, 27; Ephesians 4:3-6)
Our statement of faith is an identification of basic beliefs foundational to the ministry of SMI, and is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of all truths held by evangelicals.