Our mission is to glorify God as international ambassadors of hope and help. We serve and support His church; mobilize people and resources to help the vulnerable; inspire hope through compassion ministries that proclaim God’s love for every person. We use all means that all people may know Christ.
The Bible: The Bible is God’s word, the final authority in all things, our code of conduct; relevant in all of life.
• The Power Of Prayer: Prayer is foundational, reflecting our dependence on God.
• Human Dignity: Each person should be seen through God’s eyes. We must declare their value, restore and maintain their dignity.
• A Passion For People: We share God’s passion for people and strive to see them restored to a right relationship with God and others.
• We Agree That Servant Leadership Is The Biblical Example. We serve as co-laborers for the Gospel.
• We Are The Body of Christ and we are unique and diverse. We encourage and maintain unity by treating each believing member and church with respect and equality.
• We Encourage Partnerships as central to our mission. We actively seek partnerships with both local and national churches with the intention of fulfilling the Great Commission.
Statement Of Faith
1. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally and fully inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and as the supreme and final authority in all matters (2 Timothy 3:16; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. In one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; three-in-one, co-equal, which is the Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 14, 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-7; Hebrews 1:3).
4. In the “blessed hope,” the personal and advancing return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:7; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:12).
5. Salvation is a divine and sovereign work of God and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man (Romans 8:11; Ephesians 2:5 Colossians 2:5).
6. Salvation is on the basis of God’s grace and is received through faith. There is nothing man can do to earn or deserve salvation; it is a free gift. (Romans 11:6; Romans 3:22; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:13; Titus 3:5).
7. In the existence of a personal devil, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and women and that he and all who do not receive Christ as their Savior will eternally perish (2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 6:14; 1 Peter 5:8).
8. In God, the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells and empowers the believer and of the necessity for believers to be filled with the Spirit (John 8:46, 14:26, 16:8; Galatians 5:22-26; Ephesians 5:18).
9. That the Great Commission is the means of building the Kingdom of God (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15- 16; Acts 1:8).
10. The Church is the Body of Christ and was instituted by Christ and established in the Book of Acts. Their mission is to reveal and represent Christ to the entire world through the preaching of the Gospel (Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12,27; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 4:3-6).
Our statement of faith is an identification of basic beliefs foundational to the ministry of SMI, and is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of all truths held by evangelicals.