1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally and fully inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and as the supreme and final authority in all matters (2 Timothy 3:16; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; three-in-one, co-equal, which is the Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 14, 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-7; Hebrews 1:3).
4. We believe in the “blessed hope,” the personal and advancing return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:7; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:12).
5. We believe that salvation is a divine and sovereign work of God and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man (Romans 8:11; Ephesians 2:5 Colossians 2:5).
6. We believe that salvation is on the basis of God’s grace and is received through faith. There is nothing man can do to earn or deserve salvation; it is a free gift. (Romans 11:6; Romans 3:22; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:13; Titus 3:5).
7. We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and women and that he and all who do not receive Christ as their Savior will eternally perish (2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 6:14; 1 Peter 5:8).
8. We believe in God, the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells and empowers the believer and of the necessity for believers to be filled with the Spirit (John 8:46, 14:26, 16:8; Galatians 5:22-26; Ephesians 5:18).
9. We believe in the Great Commission as a means of building the Kingdom of God (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15- 16; Acts 1:8).
10. We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ, as instituted by Christ and established in the Book of Acts whose mission it is to reveal and represent Christ to the entire world through the preaching of the Gospel (Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12,27; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 4:3-6).
Our statement of faith is an identification of basic beliefs, which are foundational to the ministry of SMI, and is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of all truths held by evangelicals.